Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Jan 91 22:39:04 EST
On Mon, 14 Jan 91 15:09:20 EDT Carlos Fernando Nogueira said:
>>>   When  you ask  listserv to  add someone  to your  list and  you don't
>>>supply a node id, how does listserv determine the node id?
>
>>It thinks you mean a user at your own node, so it uses your nodeid.
>
>>>   I have run into the problem of my local node having several different
>>>ways to write the name. And when I  send mail to add a person it adds it
>>>differently then when I do a MSG command.
>
>>So give it the nodeid you want it to use, what's the problem?
>
>>  Eric
>
>Eric, i think that solution it'snt so easy, the command msg or tell
>don't work with @, it uses at; and listserv don't accept for example
>add LISTXY-L NAMEUSER at NODEUSER. Do you have any solution fot this ?
>
>Carlos Nogueira

  As was said earlier, stick the command   TERM CHARDEL OFF
 in your PROFILE EXEC and then you will be able to include the @ symbol
 in the interactive requests you issue to Listserv.

|*| Stan Horwitz                |*|  STAN @ TEMPLEVM.BITNET(CREN)     |*|
|*| Temple University           |*|  STAN @ VM.TEMPLE.EDU  (Internet) |*|
|*| Senior Mainframe Consultant |*|  215-787-5555          (Human)    |*|