Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Apr 2015 12:40:22 -0600
On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:38:45 +0000, "Crovo, Bob" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I came in this morning to an email announcing that my list was being held because too many emails had been sent. When I responded I'd freed over a thousand emails. That prompted another Hold. Do I have a way of previewing and I hope deleting all these pent-up emails?

The default daily threshold is 100.  If you have set yours to 1000, then
that is probably a mistake, unless your list normal traffic level is 500
msgs/day.  (Tip:  set the daily threshold to 2x your average msgs/day.)

The held messages are stored in a location not accessible to view, but
presumably your list is currently set to

Send= Private

What you can do BEFORE you free the list is change the configuration as
follows:

Send= Editor, Hold, Confirm, non-member
Editor= [log in to unmask]

Then issue the FREE command.

Now all the held messages will come to you as editor, and you must approve
them to allow them to go to the list.  Or you can delete them.  You can also
examine them for possible filtering/blocking to eliminate further attacks.

Once sanity is restored, you can set the list back to

Send= Private