"Hardy M. Cook" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Jan 1996 11:52:25 EST
Another plea for HELP!!!!

I am migrating my list as I indicated yesterday from a VM system to a UNIX
one.  We corrected our earlier mistake by FTPing the list's files from
the University of Toronto's VM to Bowie State's UNIX system -- this time --
using the ASCII mode.

We placed the *.list file in a home directory (/ws/listserv/home) off of the
main LISTSERV directory (/ws/listserv).  We added a directory to the notebook
line (notebook= yes,/ws/listserv/files,m,weekly,private) and currently all
files (past logs, files from the fileserver, *.fileid, *.filelist, *.mailform)
reside in this directory.

We restarted and the list appears to be activated.  I can send a "review
shaksper" command to LISTSERV and get back the appropriate file.

However, when I send "get filelist shaksper pw=XXXXXXXX (ctl" I get only the
header of a temporary filelist -- i.e., no files:

*
* Archive files for the SHAKSPER list at WS.BOWIESTATE.EDU
* (m logs)
*                                 rec               last - change
* filename     filetype   GET PUT -fm lrecl nrecs date     time
* --------     --------   --- --- --- ----- ----- -------- --------

When I send a filelist with "put shaksper filelist shaksper pw=XXXXXXXX" I get
a "It is not possible to update file "SHAKSPER.FILELIST", because it is
maintained internally by LISTSERV."

When I try to retreive a past log, I get "This server does not have any file by
the name "SHAKSPER.LOG9512A".

My list has been out of service for three weeks and I would really appreciate
any help anyone can offer.  It would appear that we have not placed the
files in the appropriate directories.

Please respond privately to me at [log in to unmask]; I'm really
anxious to get back into business, and again thanks to any and all who might
help.

Hardy M. Cook
SHAKSPER