Josh Averette <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:16:13 -0400
i just started running a list and today i got the following message from the
server:

An error occurred while logging mail to the archives of the VPX-HALL_CHAIRS
list. An  incomplete copy of  the message might  be present in  the archive
file. The list is being held  to prevent further occurrences of this error.
Please take  corrective action and  issue a "FREE  VPX-HALL_CHAIRS" command
when you want the message to be reprocessed.

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'00B000E3' closing file
/home/listserv/notebooks/vpx-hall_chairs/vpx-hall_chairs.log9710 <<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: POSIX/unix error codes
 -> Abstract: Unspecified error (28) - See errno.h
 -> strerror: No space left on device
 -> I/O mode: Record write

does anybody know what i do about this?  i tried just sending the
"free....." command, but it immediately re-locked -- so something has to be
done for this to un-freeze. -- would turning off the archive feature fix
this, b/c we really don't need an archive.

any help would be greatly appreciated. -- if you want to, you can e-mail me
directly : [log in to unmask]

thanks..............josh averette