Sat, 12 Feb 1994 13:47:22 -0700
At  1:19 PM 2/12/94 -0600, Winship wrote:
>Has anyone else gotten one of these?  Are this folk real?  Does it look
>to you, as it does to me, like they are offering to pay for stolen
>goods?  Who should we contact about this, besides shell.portal.com?

I'd say that any number of law enforcement agencies will be quite
interested; FBI, CIA, FTC, IRS, all the military police.

I'd also suggest that they must be pretty stupid, if it's for real. Do they
really think that PGP is secure from NSA cryptoanalyists? Do they really
doubt that the FBI, armed with an appropriate warrent, can get any number
of banks to trace deposits of funds? Do they really think that their
messages can't be traced?

Esepecially when you consider that they're talking about, among other
things, treason.

>        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
>                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner

b&

----
Ben Goren
 Arizona State University School of Music
 Internet: [log in to unmask]
 BITNet: BenGoren AT ASU