William Schults <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 12:57:29 EST
--- Rich Greenberg  wrote:
Its there, but its outside the mime seperators, so your mailer is hiding
it from you.  Save the email as text and look at it with notepad.
--- end of quote ---

Rich:  Thanks for the suggestion.  I saved one of the culprit messages as text and examined it in notepad.  Still no Bottom Banner.  Also, when look at the web-based archive of the list, the same lack of banners appears in these same messages (the ones submitted as "enriched text"), whereas those in "plain text" come through fully bannered.  Using the web browser takes my e-mail application out of the mix, so the problem is occuring on the ListServ server.

Someone else wrote me privately to suggest also defining:
BOTTOM_BANNER_HTML  as well as   BOTTOM_BANNER

I had already tried this and it makes no difference.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.  I'm admittedly new to ListServ (my host adminstrator is migrating all mailing lists to ListServ from Majordomo, but didn't seem to understand why I'm experiencing this).  I'm quite happy with ListServ and its features compared to Majordomo, but am having trouble tweaking a few things (see my other post today about word wrapping in the archives).

If anyone wants to examine some of the postings, the archives (which are public) are at:

If you examine the archive for April 2003, week 1 , try comparing "Geese and Hawks" (4/2/03) [plain text with banner] and "Canada Geese - Weathersfield Center (4/3/03) [enriched text with no banner].

Bill Schults