Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 23:31:12 -0500
Just to clarify:

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, Philip Janus (at home) wrote:
> At 21:40 01/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
>
> "Responsible"? No. Eric is not responsible for these errors, or curing them.
> However, Eric _is_ in a position of responsibility for the marketing of a
> product. He can write some code that users of the product are requesting
> because it will make their jobs easier. This is called customer relations.

  We are customers of Losft's and we want very much to enjoy good customer
relations.  I can tell you that if we saw Eric spending time on writing
code to deal with problems that are not his to deal with while we are
still waiting for say, ldbase functionality, with Listserv, we would question
this very much.  *I* would rather deal with a sloppy sys admin than have
Losft writing code for Listserv to auto-delete errors.  First, it doesn't
solve the real problem at all.  Second, it takes Lsoft staff away from what
customers need/want and pay for.

  This doesn't mean that I like errors or have a strong index finger
with which I hit the delete key.  I have much dismay at the
increasing number of errors and I find it frustrating as well.  For
the great majority of errors, it isn't Lsoft's concern or responsibility
when there are more urgent matters that some of Lsoft's customers would
like to see them spending time on.  Granted, other customers have other
priorities, fine..voice them.

--Trish

Trish Forrest
Computing Services, University of Windsor