Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 10:04:56 -0500
I would like to disable the feature which checks to see if a post contains
header lines which have the address of the mailing list in it (and then flags
it as a possible error message).  I want to do this because my mailing list is
set up so I have no need for this, and it ends up always simply stopping real
posts, as it seems that most mailers these days are smart enough to send
messages to the correct address.  Also, y mailing list only allows subscribers
to post, and I have disabled the feature that sends a message to someone who
posts who is not a subscriber, so that a mail loop could not be created.  I
looked at the loopcheck feature, but it's not clear that this type of checking
can be disabled using this setting or not, as the only setting that seems to
apply states it won't work:

Noorigin   Allows the list owner  to disable the check for "known mailer
           origins"  such as  MAILER,  POSTMASTER,  ROOT, UUCP,  et  al.
           Mail  whose 'From:' field  is the address of  the local mailer
           is  still trapped, but wildcard checks on the mail origin are
           disabled.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Mark