linda -i didn't think this through <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 11:42:00 EST
>> the name@address you searched for, you could send email to that person
>> and you have the choice of doing so anonomously.

>        I just tried it on myself (using netscape) and I could not change
>the From: field.  Exactly how did you manage to send something anonymously?
>Here are the results of my test (boring headers removed):

I used the lynx (text-only) browser from my unix acct.
All I did was backspace out what appeared in the From: field.
then i sent it.
The list address is also in their database. I sent something from a unix
machine that is not the one i have in the list's file via iaf.net. to
test if it gets through. it shouldn't, but I'm a bit obsessive and just
need to do things like this... :)

>        It also prompts for an email address before one can use their
>service.  [log in to unmask] came to mind for me.  :-)

They may use the signon's as a way to update info. You may want to check
it tomorrow or the next day to see if the update date changes.

Here's what I got back from my test: