Stan Ryckman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 02:19:36 -0400
At 09:53 PM 9/16/98 -0400, Stanley Horwitz wrote:
>On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Jill D. Horton wrote:
>>
>> Webtv does not support cookies!
>>
>> There is no hard drive on our systems!
>
>FYI: I believe that the new generation of the WebTV has a built in
>hard drive so it presumably will support cookies.

Now that I think of it, it should not require a hard drive to
support cookies for the duration of a *session* (which was where
the problem lay).  UNIX-based lynx, in fact, does just that--
it remembers cookies in memory, then loses them when you exit
(at least that's the default).

(As someone pointed out earlier, it's probably "floating proxies" that
are the problem.)

Cheers,
Stan