Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:53:15 -0600
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 12:55:05 -0700, Randy Klumph <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There are no IND files anywhere on the server - I searched. I do
>however have the following
>listname.dbindex
>listname.dbnames

Yes there are (or were).  Your original message related to an attempted WWW
acces to your message archives:

>-Error – cannot access archive files
>
>The archive files could not be accessed, probably because they are
>being updated. Please try again in about 30 seconds, and report the
>problem if it persists for more than a
>few minutes. The file that could not be opened is
>'C:\LISTSERV\LISTS\PUBLIC\deafblnd.log9904d' and the error code

This error is caused by the WWW Index files (listname.INDyymm) that will be
somewhere in the webserver dirtectory tree, on your server.  These files refer
to but are not the same as the actual message logfiles (listname.LOGyymm) that
are (or should be) in the LISTSERV directory tree.  With these files will also
be the listname.DB* indexes that are used for email searches, not for WWW
searches.