James Chamier <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 01:33:36 -0000
Doren Burrell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>        I tend to see insufficient "Reply-To" addresses from both Microsoft
>Internet Mail and Microsoft Outlook Express mailers.  I can not address
>configuration of Outlook Express, but I have been able to learn where the
>problem lies with MS Internet Mail.  "Internet Mail" is included with most
>bundles of MS Internet Explorer versions 2 and 3.

You get a very similar wizard with Outlook Express. I've never personally
bothered with Reply To addresses, since I assumed they were only required if you
wanted replies sent to an address different to the FROM line.

In OE you can have various "accounts". If you go to the Tools menu, Accounts
option, they are listed. (You will have All, News, E-mail, Directory Services
tabs). The E-mail tab should be selected. Choose the account name from the list,
and click Properties.

You then receive a dialog with 4 entry fields:

Name:
E-mail address:
Reply address:

Whatever you put in the Organization field doesn't seem to be used (!!!).

I've only ever worried with Name and E-mail address and everything seems fine.

Hope that helps,
JC

--
James Chamier, [log in to unmask], http://www.chamier.demon.co.uk