Sherry Beauchamp <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:54:52 -0800
>I need to set up a list consisting of faculty members who are subscribed
>by the owner.  The tricky part seems to be setting the list up to allow
>certain additional (non-faculty) addresses to post email (of
>announcements) to the list, but not to be able to receive email from the
>list.  With Validate= Yes, the owner can set the non-faculty addresses to
>Nomail, but there is nothing to prevent each of those individuals from
>resetting their options to Mail.  Is there a way to set the list up such
>that Set commands issued anyone other than the owner get referred to the
>Owner?  Or is there a better way of achieving the objective?  Thanks.

Add the non-faculty addresses as editors, using the Editor= keyword.

* Send= Editor,Hold,Confirm
* Editor= <your email address>, <listname>, <non-faculty addresses>

Put yourself in the first position, because only the first editor receives
copies of the mail sent to the list, and this will also divert all
nonsubscriber mail to you for approval.  By listing the list itself as an
editor, you allow all subscribers to post without you having to okay their
posts.  And by adding the non-faculty addresses as editors, you allow them
to post as well.  Then simply be sure that the non-faculty addresses are
not now subscribed to the list, and with Validate= Yes they won't be able
to subscribe without your approval.

Sherry Beauchamp

   Sherry Beauchamp         Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
   [log in to unmask]                   http://www.SSRN.Com

   Leading Social Science Research Delivered to Your Desktop Daily