Wed, 7 Aug 1996 21:49:08 -0500
On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, Joan Korenman wrote:

>         I think there are very few features of the header that are as
> sensitive as the list of filtered addresses, nor as needless for the
> general public.

As I said before, we went round with Eric on this when he first provided
the Filter= keyword.  As I recall he said it was all the header or
nothing, and he didn't want it nothing as both subscribers and people
looking for information on the list had legitimate need to see the
header even if the list is set Reveiw= owner (geez, I forget who the
owner is of this list I'm subbed to, I know, I'll do a rev).  At the
time, as I recall, his position was the header is a single unit and
can't be separated.  Lord knows I and others gripped at him about it
at the time.

I've never run a "confidential" list nor had anything to do with
one, but I *think* that if you make your list confidential and have
it Review= Owner that no one other than you  can see even the header.
All or nothing.

Douglas