Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:08:56 -0600
Ballew Kinnaman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >I am curious to know what kinds of list-owner opportunities
>
> Can you please clarify, and perhaps show how  your interest lies within
> the charter for this LSTOWN-L group?

I am rather puzzled by this response.  In the first place, Pete Weiss has
been a member of this list since before the list archives begin
(unfortunately, the earliest INDYCMS archives (this list started long
before there was an L-SOFT, you will recall, and it wasn't started by Eric)
were not preserved), and he has clearly, consistently, demonstrated that
he knows the purpose of this list.  I certainly understood what he was
asking, unfortunately couldn't supply any useful info, and I saw nothing
wrong with his question.

Next, what is this "charter" business?  If you mean the "welcome" message,
well, lstown-l doesn't have one: heck, it doesn't even have a filelist.
If you mean that little blurb at the end of the list header which you get
if you try a rev, well, Pete's question certainly falls within that, though
I wouldn't call it a "charter" as most folk seem to think of such (I have
some pretty big (3 - 4 thousand) discussion lists and none of them have
"charters," and they ain't going to, either).  And even if lstown-l did
have a "charter," well, the person who placed the gripe ain't a lisowner
of this list.              Douglas [log in to unmask]