Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Mar 1993 08:38:15 EST
On Tue, 2 Mar 1993 21:25:14 -0700 Gene V Glass said:
>   I'm taking plenty of gas these days about duplicates of mailings
>  out of my LIST.
>   Is there something that I as a list owner should be doing? Is there
>  something that I should be telling these people to protect the reputation
>  of my fine node?

Every once in a while I too get complaints from folks who get multiple
copies of certain mailings on certain (random) lists.  In *EVERY* case so
far I have been able to determine that the fault was at either their local
mailer or some mailer between UB and their machine that was replicating
mail due to disk quota problems or something of that nature.

When I get a complaint of duplicate mailings, I ask that person to forward
me the duplicate mail so that I might have a real good look at the headers
to try and determine where the problem is.  I suggest you do the same and
if you need assistance learning this type of 'detective' work, then ask
this list for specific help.  That's what we're here for.

Good luck.

Jim Gerland  - Consultant, Network User Support           University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology     Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                         716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]                              [log in to unmask]