Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Mar 1995 03:24:33 -0500
> As an inexperienced listowner, I need to figure out how to institute
> TOPICS and how to sub people to certain ones. Can someone point me in the
> direction of the best general resource for this specific question? Sorry
> about the newbieness of this post, but I don't have much time to get up to
> speed, and I don't seem to be able to find someone at my site who has
> experience with this.

You don't actually "sub" people to individual topics, but once they are
generally subscribed you or they can SET them to receive specific topics.
They can do SET MYLIST-L TOPICS A B C or you can do
SET MYLIST-L TOPICS A B C FOR [log in to unmask]

For general advice on how to alter your list header to enable topics,
read the change notes for version 1.7f.  Send the batch job below to
[log in to unmask] to get those notes.  That's a long document, and
only the last 10 percent describes the TOPICS feature.

-- Roger Burns    [log in to unmask]

// JOB ECHO=NO
DATABASE SEARCH DD=A
//A DD *