Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 Jul 1995 09:25:15 -0400
Last night we started receiving numerous complaints that multiple
copies of messages and digests (up to 15 of each they say) are
arriving.  It seems to be happening from all lists at MSU and
UIC, to a select but still fairly large group.  I've received
complaints from different nodes in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
so far.

Of course, despite our requests, no one has yet sent in
copies (with headers) of the duplicates.

Since it's happening from lists based at two different sites, we
assume it's a malfunctioning node someplace and not a problem
with Listserv.  Nevertheless we'd like to do something, and have
something useful to tell all the people complaining.

Has anyone been able to identify a node generating the multiples
yesterday?  Any word if they have it fixed?  (If it turns out to be us,
I'd like to know that too, since from what we can tell here everything
is working fine.)

Thanks for your help,

Vickie Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance