Brent Stilley <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Mar 1994 17:03:54 CST
Can someone help me with this? I suspect this has something to do with the
new cc:Mail gateway service Compuserve is providing. I tried to ping the
CM#u#P1 from a couple of systems without success, and there's apparently no
MX record.

Brent Stilley,  Oklahoma State University, 113 Math Sciences, Stillwater, 74078

     Brent,

     There are several people here would would love to get on the cc:Mail list.
     Unfortunately, their internet addresses come across with "#" in it.  For
     example "[log in to unmask]" get translated (thanks to
     compuserve) so that the return address looks like
     "[log in to unmask]".  LISTSERV sends back a message that
     it encountered an unexpected token (refering to the "#" sign).

     Is there any way around this?

     Thanks,

     Chip Lowry