Fri, 29 Jan 1999 02:38:27 -0600
On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, RSDNet List Administration wrote:
> On the other hand, I do not think that we would be likely targets for such
> law suits.
  That is waht everyone says until he is sued for whatever.

    >Nobody is making any money here.
You might want to check the bank acounts of the lawyers.

> The material likely to be
> redistributed is newspaper articles, medical journal articles, and such
> things which have little monetary value

Well, just ask newspapers, medical journals and such if *they* think
the material is of little monetary value, and if it has none why do
they file all these infringement suits?

> and for which it would be hard to
> prove a real harm from the redistribution.

Not difficult at all, it is all copyrighted, no redistribution without
paid license to do so, and you're darned right they sue because it is
big bucks.  They got the rights to this stuff, it is a goldmine, and
they do protect it.

Douglas