Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:57:36 -0500
At 22:27 12/7/98 -0500, Judith Hopkins said:
|I have a subscriber who is having problems getting messages and I can't
|figure out what is going wrong.   She prefers the Index option
|
|Below is the index she received about 3 weeks ago and for which she used
|Reply as the Index directed to get the items of interest which, in this
|case, consisted of all the items in the index.  At my request she copied
|her reply to me.  What she gets, however, is not any of the messages
|itemized in this index but copies of message 1099 which dates from 1991.
|
|The same thing occurs daily and each time she gets message 1099 only.
|What am I missing?
|
|She is getting desperate and I am about ready to tear my hair out.

Using the included index that you provided, *I* was able to construct a
REPLY.  This is what I sent to:
[log in to unmask] and the body (just a
request for one item):

--

This is what I received (though I elided the body):

Date:         Sat, 14 Nov 1998 10:38:01 -0600
              Hugo Chapa-Guzman <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       "AUTOCAT: Library cataloging and authorities discussion group"
From:         Hugo Chapa-Guzman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Portuguese title question
Comments: To: Angela R Jones <[log in to unmask]>

(...)

--

(For the record, I'm under the impression that either the "Internet" was
very slow, or the LISTSERV(R) host was. YMMV.)

So, my belief is that her MAIL REPLY function does NOT do the right thing.

/Pete Weiss at Penn State