Diana Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 18:14:18 -0500
>Have you tried accessing maelstrom archives where you used to need a
>password?  I did a search yesturday for cookies.txt on all of my hard
>drive, only found the one in the /Netscape direcotry,, deleted it
>again!  and Still had the same deal ..  got right in on one, could't
>on the other.

        Do a search while in Windows Explorer for "cookies.txt"  I just came up
with two files, both of which were in /Netscape, one under /navigator, the
other under /programs.  Yours may be elsewhere.
        Yes, I've accessed maelstrom archives with my cookies in READ-ONLY
attribute and I get in just fine, everywhere.  The thing is, however, I've
found that the original password doesn't, meaning the one I set the
archives to accept me.  For some reason I have to use my LISTOWNER
password, the one I use to send list commands to the listserv.  That
password works fine and nothing is saved to my cookie files.

Diana