Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:45:01 -0600
I've a subscriber set INDEX MIME HTML.  She is using QUALCOMM Windows
Eudora 5.1, though I'm not sure that has bearing.  Due to her settings
she doesn't order, via email, the items she wants, the INDEX comes with
the archive index numbers "hotlinked" to take her directly to the item
in the list archives (wasteful of resources, but nobody asked me).
Lately, a lot of these links have not been working for her, she gets:
         ---------------
                         Error - Invalid Index File

   The format of the index file is invalid. Please try again in about 30
   seconds, and report the problem if it persists for more than a few
   minutes.
           --------------------

Doesn't matter how many times, or when, she tries, she always gets that for
the same item.  I had her send me one of the INDEXes in a manner such that
I can use the links for the individual items.  For one batch, yesterday,
they worked for me.  They don't work today, nor does another batch which
she sent me today.

Yesterday I "forced" an INDEX MIME HTML for myself.  The links from that
worked fine yesterday and still work.  I'm using UNIX Pine 4.44.

I thought that maybe it was because I had done some minor editing on the
archives, but I did that this afternoon and the INDEX hotlinks which
LISTSERV sent directly to me yesterday still work.

As I said, the hotlinks in the INDEX which she sent me yesterday worked for
me yesterday.  Now, they do not.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Douglas Winship     [log in to unmask]