John Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:31:12 -0500
> Hi,
>
>   Lately I have noticed listserv mail being spoolled out awaiting
> delivery.  It somtimes waits hours to be processed, affecting some of
> our lists.  Questions are, what is causing this, and is there a way we can
> set an option to re-process this mail quicker.

I am assuming this spooled mail is in the listserv\spool...
I would first check the SMTPS#1-20031106.LOG  which will show any problems
handing the mail off to the outbound MTA. Then check all the   *.MAIL
files time stamps.  If you see one or more of these which are
significantly older than the rest, they are probably corrupt. Removing
them will greatly speed up delivery. If you are sending large quantities
of mail, you may also need to add an extra SMTP worker or two which will
speed up delivery to the outbound MTA. Read up on the SMTP_FORWARD_n=
keyword on how to do this.