Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 May 2000 08:17:05 -0400
At 23:52 05/07/2000 Sunday , Rich Greenberg wrote:
 >On May 7,  8:39pm, Mata Giri wrote:
  Is there a way to set almost everyone as "NOPOST," or is there
 >} a way to check to see who is set that way and who isn't? And is there a
 >} way that I can keep subscribers from resetting this  option?

Besides what Rich said, to query who your POSTers are:

Q listname WITH POST FOR *@*

Subscribers are NOT able to change their (no)POST setting.

Another method (with similar security restrictions) that is related to this technique is

* DEFAULT-OPTIONS= REVIEW

This might be appropriate in cases where most of your new subscribers would probably (attempt to) post a relevant epistle.  Nevertheless, new subscribers would be moderated.  Once they pass your "filter," you can then do a

QUIET SET listname NOREVIEW FOR new_poster

BTW I operate two lists: one with each method