Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Oct 1994 10:43:12 -0400
At 10:30 AM 10/13/94 -0400, Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843 wrote:
>>Ask your LISTSERV manager to SERVE OFF [log in to unmask] (as I
>>understand it, the effect will be for LISTSERV to automatically bounce all
>>those confirm messages right back to [log in to unmask]; it
>>shouldn't take them long to get the idea).
>
>Hopefully the postmaster account won't then send a message back to
>listserv saying it got, which then ...

I suppose the LISTSERV postmaster gets a copy of all the 'serve off'
bounces?  Bother, but I'd expect the folks in the UK would be scrambling to
correct the problem on their end even faster.

Maybe if it was done for one of their four day holidays (when no one seems
to be minding the store)?  I suppose LISTSERV could queue 100K messages for
them in no time ;-)

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax