Thu, 13 Jun 1996 23:30:23 -0500
> --- On Fri, 14 Jun 1996 02:23:25 +0000  "L-Soft list server at IRLEARN (1.8b)"
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> The distribution of your message dated Thu, 13 Jun 96 18:25:35 PDT with no
> subject has been postponed because the  IRL-POL list is held. No action is
>
>   I just got this message.....  and I AM the list owner.... help !!!!

LISTSERV doesn't distinguish between posters of messages in this.
If the list is held the listowner who tries to post will get precisely
the same message as an non-owner.  You should have gotten a message
telling you the list is held, unless you aren't the first listed owner.
Just send to [log in to unmask]   the email message:
FREE IRL-POL PW=xxxxxxxxx

(put in your own password).

That should work unless the list was put on hold by another listowner,
in which case that person will have to free the list.  I'm assuming the
hold is automatic because your daily threshold was exceeded.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner
                              MEDLAB-L