Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 07:50:29 -0700
C wrote:
> After being publicly defamed for politely and privately appealing
> to the better nature of a couple of list members, I am thinking about
> posting the following.  Feedback would be appreciated.
:-)

Go for it ! I even suggest a PS:
"Don't forget to have the ceremonial videotaped so you can send a copy
to the new network show: World's Weirdest Cyberdependant Psychopaths...
You may win their grand Prize: Free therapy with Dr Ruth to cure your
anal retention causing the uncontrolable to flame/harass other Netizens"

I always believed that public ridicule is the best answer to "flame
throwers" they usually take thmeselves seriously ... And otherwise list
owning can be very tough on morale (n'est-ce pas M.L. ? ;-)

I also believe that users have more respect for a list owner with an
attitude ... Kind to kind people, and sarcastically cynical to S.O.B.
Also encourage your users to e-mail their opinions privately to other
posters, it worked to some extent on our list and I do believe that
produces long lasting changes since it "changes" posting behavior ...

PS If your the sole owner consider:
QUIET DEL *[log in to unmask]
After all the list could be set to auto-delete ;-) and the Internet is a
place where "strange things" do happen ... Major routers down, cut phone
lines, uunet relays down, corrupted mailfiles  etc , etc , etc ... ;-)

--
Eric Paul-Hus