Christopher Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 19 May 2007 00:05:36 +0000
The 'respect' allows a user-specified reply-to to override the list setting. Make the header just say 'List' and you should be good to go.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----

From: Russ Hunt <[log in to unmask]>

Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:46:54

To:Christopher Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: Replies to list issue

One of my subscribers has suddenly found all the replies to her

postings coming to her address rather than the list (which is

what the default is, and what has been happening up till a few

days ago). Mail from her address is coming with the header for

"reply-to" identified as her address, whereas most messages to

the list (maybe all; I've only checked back a few messages) are

coming with the "reply-to" header identifed as the list address.

I'm not sure where this line is generated: I thought listserv

was responsible for it, though.

The listheaders for the list include the line

 Reply-to= List,Respect

I've advised her to change her email configuration, but I'm not

sure she knows how to do that.  I'm surprised that the list

doesn't override the address in the Reply-to line with the list

address.  Can I change that in the list headers? To what?

Or is there another way to fix this?

-- Russ

St. Thomas University

http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/