Murph Sewall <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 May 1994 21:42:46 -0400
On Wed, 25 May 1994 07:51:28 EST, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>I don't know what the problem is but
>
>I never in my life saw a domain with so many delivery problems as anything
>ending in .AC.UK.  I get more errors from them than all other domains
>combined.  And the worst part is that no one down the line there seems
>to know what the problem is, either.

This comment could have been made with just as much value seven years ago
(the more things change, the more they stay the same).  Various and asorted
postmasters and others associated with JANET have long admitted to the
problem (while pointing fingers up and down their net).  The British have a
love of eccentricity that seems to be thorougly integrated into JANET (and
they insist on driving on the wrong side of the road too ;-)

/s Murphy A. Sewall <[log in to unmask]> (203) 486-2489 voice
   Professor of Marketing                          (203) 486-5246 fax