Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 15:00:00 PST
Subscribers to 'SPSSX-L@UGA' are receiving "spam" from an auto-responder
at [log in to unmask], whenever they post to that list.

The reason is that this mailing-list has a "suspicious" subscriber:

      [log in to unmask]                 Matthew Turco

who, obviously, doesn't read the postings to SPSSX-L.

Instead, each posting triggers the auto-responder to send the following "spam"
to the poster.

I suggest that you scan your list(s), looking for this ID, and remove it.

I've reported this tactic to [log in to unmask]
+---
| Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 17:52:13 -0500 (EST)
| From: [log in to unmask] (Mail AutoResponder)
| Subject: This is the info you requested.
|
| Thank you for wanting to know more about Report 5599. After reading this
| information, if you have any questions for me, please call me or send me an
| email. My information is as follows:
|
| Dear Opportunity Seeker,
|
| << SNIP >>
|
| Mail this form & the money order for $29.00 (U.S.) to:
| Matthew Turco
| 910 Constitution Dr. #107
| Durham, NC 27705
| phone: (919)309-1127