Tue, 5 Mar 1996 15:58:02 -0500

>I am extremely concerned about our inability to contain this bogus
>subscription scheme.  I don't mean to be an alarmist, but if this
>spreads and if a large number of people begin to panic and respond
>to the unsolicited messages they receive this could turn into quite
>a disaster.

No it's not contained.  I had unsubscribed to almost all lists that this
character had subscribed me to and now I see a new wave of confirmations
coming in.  One person finally told me that I could use "unsub * (netwide" to
unsub ALL lists.  Maybe this will help on this newest group.  Something has
to be done though.  If nothing else, shut down ALL new subscriptions for a
while.  Can this be done?

Jerry White
America Online