Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:59:23 -0400
On: Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 02:38:53PM -0400,[log in to unmask] Wrote:

} "LISTSERV list owners' forum" <[log in to unmask]> wrote on
} 09/14/2005 02:16:28 PM:
}
} > On: Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 01:46:07PM -0400,[log in to unmask] Wrote:
} >
} > } Will you PLEASE make the login cookies non-persistant, or at least
} make it
} > } an option?
} >
} > That option is available now.  If you do a LOGOUT from the web site, the
} > cookie is deleted.  Or simply tell listserv not to create one in the
} > logon.
}
} No, clicking logout does not make the cookie temporary, as in "goes away
} when the browser session is closed."  And the login without cookie
} confuses people.  Perhaps an option to make that the only login option, or
} to make the cookies temporary are the only ways to fix this security hole.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but my understanding is that if you do an
specific LOGOUT from the web site, the cookie is removed.  If you sust
exit the browser or browse elsewhere, it stays.

I just tried it, and the cookie is not removed.  However the value is
set to "RESET" and I needed email/pswd to log in again.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone.   I speak for myself & my dogs only.     VM'er since CP-67