Eric Prestemon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 May 1995 13:44:54 -0400
A spam went out today that was gatewayed from news (by us here at
american.edu) and didn't have valid From headers in the news
articles. While the recent listserv revisions identified the spam,
they have shut off access to [log in to unmask], which is preventing
(all?) other gatewayed posts from going through.

This isn't a bug in LISTSERV, just an unfortuante interaction between
LISTSERV and our gateway software (which we are working to move off VM
and modify to avoid situations such as this).

I guess my only question is: Is there a way for list owners to allow
NETNEWS to submit mail again before the (24 hour?) period where
NETNEWS can't submit mails?

-Eric