Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 13:35:40 +0100
When  I was  a student,  I  was approached  by many  other students  that
belonged to  all sorts of small  political parties (I understand  that in
the US  there are only  2 political parties,  but nevertheless I  am sure
there are  due substitutes in  the form  of "associations" or  the like).
They  all believed  quite  strongly in  all sorts  of  weird things,  for
instance that we  had the technology to  make cars run on  water but that
oil monopolies were preventing it from  being released. They wanted me to
join their  cause and fight for  freedom. Some of them  made good points,
too, but  their actions  were organized  in a way  that made  them futile
efforts. Anyway, with a few exceptions, they were totally harmless. It is
perfectly normal  to find the same  kind of people on  the Internet. They
can reach 10 times as many people per activist this way. As they say, the
Internet  is a  medium  of free  expression and  there's  no reason  they
shouldn't be allowed to use it for  their purposes, as long as they don't
start advocating shooting people who disagree with them :-)

  Eric