Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:43:54 -0400
At 08:28 09/25/2001 Tuesday, Marilyn Oliver wrote:

 >We do not have the loop-checking in the configuration, yet one testing
 >member did receive the following:

When you say "We do not have the loop-checking in the configuration" does
that mean you explicitly took it out?  If not, it is "in" there by
default (and that's a good thing).

 >Your message is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to
 >have
 >already been  distributed to the  ListName-L list.  (...)

This can be the result of any number of factors, including a mail client
that "thinks" it did NOT successfully send it to the list, but arrived
successfully the first time; it could be the result of a mail loop
between a list recipient who is "bouncing" the message back to the list
instead of OWNER-listname@listhost; some lists do have purposely
identical information posted over time e.g., a batch job mail status
"your job zzzz has run successfully" -- this is problematic for the
default list configuration due to the default loop-checking.

Followup should be directed to:

Pete Weiss @ Penn State