Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:09:18 -0500
On 8/25/97 7:34 PM, Sylvia Caras <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

>If I set
>
>* Send= Editor,Confirm
>* Editor= [log in to unmask],(madness)
>
>won't each subscriber have to confirm their own posts?

No. If you do this, the Editor will have to confirm their own posts, and
the moderator (perhaps the same person) will have to approve posts by
everyone else.

Also, you may want to take the comma out of the Editor line, it will
confuse the LISTSERV into thinking you're listing two addresses.

>If not,
>
>will this send to me all non-subscriber posts and allow all
>subscriber posts to go through?

Well, no. If you want subscriber posts to go through, you need:

* Send= Private

Unfortunately, AFAIK, that also precludes the public from posting, as
anyone not subscribed will just have their posts bounced.

One option (though I've never tried this myself, so I can't be certain it
will get the results you're looking for) is to do the following:

* Send=  Editor,Hold
* Default-Options=  Editor

This will make every subscriber an Editor, capable of posting, but anyone
else who posts will have their posts bounce to the Moderator.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;