Donald Good <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:56:20 -0500
I have noticed that this symptom occurs when a web browser has not been correctly designated as the "default browser".  This is especially true if both Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator are installed.  By default these browsers check at startup to see if it is the  "default browser", and displays a messagebox if it is not.  The messagebox gives the user the option of making it the default, but also has a little checkbox that says not to check again at startup.

The likely scenario is that the user has checked the "do not check again" checkbox and some subsequent setting or online addin install has upset the "default browser" setting(s) so that hyperlinks in e-mail are no longer active.  The way I have found to fix this is to go into the user's browser settings to make it check at startup.  For IE5, select Tools/Internet Options, Programs tab, and mark the "IE should check..." checkbox.  Close all and exit IE, then start IE.  Sure enough, IE pops the message that it is not the default.  Click Yes to make it the default and hyperlinks in e-mail are now active.

>>> Lenny Huntley <[log in to unmask]> 08/03 8:14 AM >>>
I am sending a mail-merge out each week to approx 5000 people.  About half
of them are using AOL and the hyperlinks are not clickable.  Does anyone
know how to configure the mail-merge to send valid hyperlinks to AOL
customers?

Lenny