Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 09:00:00 PST
On Sat, 11 Feb 1995 12:04:38 -0800,
"Khadejah J. Dein" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>(DespEration Repost.  Replies from fee-based listserv sites welcome.)
>If possible, please reply to my private email address,
>as I don't follow this discussion group.
>Proposal for possible listserv group:
>       manually.  I am looking for a way to run the list automatically
>       as I do not have as much time to spend forwarding each message by hand.
>Current # of standard format subscribers:  212
>Average # of posts/day:  25
>Average length of posts:  5-20 lines (no files)
>I would be interested in running the list remotely by mail from this
>address.  I would like subscriptions to be forwarded to myself, the list
>owner, as opposed to automatic/public subscriptions.  I would be more
>than willing to take full responsibility for timely error-message
>processing, etc.  My site runs the Majordomo software, however, having
>been on Majordomo run lists, the "out of synch" feel in discussion is
>a real disadvantage, as well as cost for setup/per month charge.

How about examining the USENET newsgroup named 'alt.music.aliceinchains' ?

Or, send E-mail to [log in to unmask],
and put the command 'HELP' into the "body" of the E-mail,
in order to learn a little bit about the Majordomo list-management package.

P.S. Your posting to the 'LSTOWN-L' list is probably not going to attract
     any "commercial" list-server sites, since the LSTOWN-L list is (usually)
     focused on problems with the "Revised LISTSERV" software, and the majority
     of the subscribers to the list are university-based.