Mon, 18 Mar 1996 23:51:05 -0600

> I'm a new and clueless listowner and today the following person subscribed to
> my list:
> Netnews Server  <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Now is "Netnews Server"  just someone's idea of a cute fake name or is it one
> of those weird things where they redistribute the mail from your list all
> over the place or what?

Without checking, probably not fake, and not all that wierd.  It's probably
just the local "news service" at PACE.EDU .  Now, if it were
[log in to unmask] you'ld be looking at redistribution around the world.
That gateway,though, isn't going to be set up unless you specifically ask
for it (contact [log in to unmask]).

It's your list and you don't have to have any gateway you don't want.

Douglas
       Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner