BRIAN MC NAMARA <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 15:58:02 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 14:09:49 -0500
From: "L-Soft list server at North Dakota HECN (1.8c)"
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Output of your job "DBlook"

The DATABASE command has not yet been ported to this environment.

The above was forwarded to me as a result of a com file created.  first,
what does this mean and two, is there anything wrong in my code?

the code:

$ !     To execute this file enter <@BIGLIST topic> at the command line
$ ! prompt.  Replace "topic" with your search key.  If the name of this
$ ! file is something other that BIGLIST.COM enter that name.  You may
$ ! eliminate the "@" by defining the following (without the !) in your
$ ! LOGIN.COM
$ ! biglist =="@biglist"
$ put = "WRITE OUTPUT" ! put is a synonym for WRITE OUTPUT
$ OPEN/WRITE OUTPUT biglist.tmp
$ PUT "//DBlook   JOB   Echo=No"
$ PUT "Database Search DD=Rules"
$ PUT "//Rules DD *"
$ PUT "Select ''P1' in lists"
$ PUT "index"
$ PUT "Select ''P1' in intgroup"
$ PUT "index"
$ PUT "Select ''P1' in new-list"
$ PUT "index"
$ PUT "/*"
$ PUT "//  EOJ"
$ CLOSE OUTPUT
$ !      Create a file LISTSERV.DIS that contains the mailing address of
$ ! a LISTSERV that provides the database service, such as:
$ ! pony%"[log in to unmask]"  (ndsuvm1 if you're on bitnet)
$ ! NOTE - use the mailer that is normally required on your VAX system.
$ ! If you want a copy of the message sent to yourself put your address
$ ! in the file as well as the LISTSERV address
$ MAIL biglist.tmp "@Dka400:[NYSERNET]listserv"
$ DELETE/NOCONFIRM biglist.tmp;*
[End of file]

I am trying to set up in my menu a com file that contacts
[log in to unmask] to mail a list of all existing listservs to the users
account.  does any one out there have any ideas?