Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:10:56 -0500
On 9/14/2004 2:58 PM, John Lyon wrote:

> If not, then you need to look in the LISTSERV log (assuming you are the
> site admin). I've seen too many moderators approve spam by mistake only
> to say they didn't approve it. The logs don't lie.

If you received and retained a copy of the message that was posted to the list,
you do not need access to the server logs. The message headers will show where
the message originated, when it was sent, the servers which handled it, when
they received it and passed it along, and who approved it. You will need to
view the full message headers, including those not usually displayed by your
email software. If you do not know how to display full headers, reply and tell
us what email software you are using (Eudora, Outlook Express, Netscape, Mac OS
X Mail, Pine, etc.), and someone here will tell you how to display the full
headers. If you do not know how to interpret the headers, reply and include a
copy of the full headers and someone here will help you interpret them.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator