Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 3 Jun 1996 09:09:09 PDT
On Sat 1 Jun 96 23:57, Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Our list is semi-moderated.  This usually works quite well but every
>once in a while someone offers to send anyone who wishes a free copy of
>a packet of information.  This inevitably leads to 30 replies that go to
>the entire list, all saying "I want one," "me too."  The REVIEW feature
>works so well for problem subscribers that I would love to be able to
>give LISTSERV a few keywords to trigger a review for messages containing
>those keywords, even just in the subject line.  This would allow us to
>catch the "me toos" in a given thread without going to full moderating,
>which we do at times but it slows down the interactions more than we like.

Instead, specify:    Reply-To= Sender,respect
in your list-definition.

Therefore, any E-mail posted by subscribers will either:
  - have a 'Reply-To:' tag-line pointing back to the person who posted,
    rather than the mailing-list,
  - have the user-specified 'Reply-To:' tag,

depending on whether the person *OMITTED* or *INCLUDED*,
respectively, such a tag in the message they posted.

Either way, any subscribers who use the 'REPLY' function will address
their E-mail to the *PERSON*, rather than to your *LIST*, thus avoiding
the "noise" on your list.