Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:22:10 GMT
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:39:51 -0500, Drew Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Im trying to set nopost for someone and I keep getting this error
>(im trying to set it in the header)...
>

>WARNING: new  subscriber data was found  in the replacement list  you
>sent,
>possibly due to the use of a signature file with an unusual separator
>line.

You are using Eudora.  Are you using FWD or Redirect or Reply or are you
composing a completely new msg to LISTSERV?

Are you editing out the '>' chars in front of each line of the header?

What command did you use to GET the header?

  GET listname (HEADER       or   GET listname

(the latter is not correct, and may destroy your list of subscribers)

To set NOPOST you don't do it in the header anyway.

  SET listname NOPOST FOR userID@address

Rather than setting a person to NOPOST you might do well to simply unsub
them.
 Ben Parker .....(Oak Park IL -> Denver CO) ..... [log in to unmask]