Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 15:49:06 -0400
I have a situation that may be kind of special. I own a list for lactation
professionals to discuss breastfeeding and professional lactation
consultation. This issue is kind of loaded , politically,...and we have had
news that there are subscribers on who are downloading files from our list
and passing them on to companies that produce products that we do not
support, ie artificial baby milk companies ....

A few questions:

1. If we want to close our list to only lactation professionals, is the best
way to do this to have the membership by subscription only?

2. What do other groups do if they have unwelcome members on their list..who
might cause political or legal problems for the subscribers ( ie the
comments of the subscribers may cause libel suits or such....)

We would like to discuss our subject freely without fear of liability... or
prying ears. Thanks for your input..

Kathleen Bruce

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC (e-mail = [log in to unmask])
If you wanna see something cool...try this www page!
     http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html