Sat, 8 Nov 1997 10:33:53 -0600
I posted this one of my lists this morning.  Might be something of use to
other listmembers.  Comments appreciated & encouraged :-)  Rationale for
posting was excessive one liners (my daily threashold is 150, and it's
been exceeded each of the last two days.)  In addition, we also have
AOL'ers who've bounced back to me, etc etc.

Blaine
Co-Owner - Sex-L

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 10:03:12 -0600

[...]

I probably should post this from time-to-time...I was reminded of this by
the heavy volume of traffic on this list the past few days:

First of all, for those of you who don't know...I'm Blaine, the co-owner
of this list.  I handle all of the error messages for the list.  That
means, if you're an AOL member, and your mailbox gets filled up, or you
forget to pay your bill (or AOL says you forgot to pay your bill), I get
one error message for every e-mail that gets sent to you, from our list.
Likewise, if you're on any other e-mail system, and your account gets
deleted (for whatever reason), or some network has problems delivering
your e-mail, I get a message, also.  It's kinda handy, tho, as listmembers
who get this in digest only give me one message per day :-)

So....if you wake up one day, and log onto your e-mail, and you have none
from our list, you can do these two things (in this order, please):

1.  send the following two lines of text to: [log in to unmask]

query sex-l
end

N.B.: The subject line is ignored, and you can add any extra test you
wish, as the Listserv ignores anything after the 'end'.

2a.  If you see you're still subscribed, but you're getting no mail, email
me ([log in to unmask]).  It would be handy if you forwarded the response you
got back from the Listserv in Step 1 :-)

2b.  If you see you're not subscribed, feel free to re-subscribe:

e-mail your request to:  [log in to unmask]
Note the "N.B." above, for Step 1, except the body should read:

sub sex-l Firstname Lastname

N.B. you need both a first name and a last name.  "Joe B." is acceptable,
for example.  So is: "Jenny Doe" or "Jenny A"  If you just type:
sub sex-l John (it won't work!!)

Another thing I wanted to say, before I closed...

Some have asked about their name, with respect to the "From:" line in
their e-mail.  Folks, there's no correlation between the name you provide
to the listserv, and the name in your e-mail.  The name in your "From:"
line is controlled by you (or, in some cases, your systems people).  I'm
not an AOL Member, so I'm not sure if you can change your name from "John
Smith" to "J.S." (if you prefer the anonymity).  If you're not a Member of
AOL, I also can't help you, as I'm not familiar with most e-mail systems.
Ask your technical support people, if you need assistance.

Okay.  I think that's all from me.

If anyone has questions, or just wants to say 'Hi', e-mail me at

Have a nice day :-)

Blaine
Co-Owner - Sex-L

[sig file deleted for brevity's sake]