Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:37:10 -0400
While personally I find HTML content in email messages disagreeable, it occurs to me perhaps there is a solution worthy of your consideration.  Invite your content-creators to "Save as html" when they are done composing the technical documents, open the result with Notepad, and then cut/paste that version of the item into the body of an email to the list.  I haven't tried this, nor do I have any experience with the Language= trials you have already been through, so consider what I've written here to be free advice, worth every penny you paid for it   :)

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/20/02 11:38AM >>>
Alas, it was too much to hope for. It didn't make sense to me that Listserv could do it, but it does so much else I was hoping.

We went to attachments because Listserv stripped the formatting out of email, converting to straight text. I tried the Language= idiom,EXCHANGE command and such but gave up. The attachment in question contains a fair amount of color, font, spacing formatting and the client (our technical library) would like to keep it that way. As it is a company internal listserv, we are standardized (please be kind Douglas) on the MS Office Suite.
So for now, the email that goes out is : 'xxx updated, please see attachment' and so the only thing searchable is the 'xxx updated, please see attachment'.

I will revisit with my client to rethink the format issues.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Wheeler
Sr. Technical Analyst - Information Resources
Neenah Technical Center
Georgia-Pacific Corporation
email : mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice : 920.729.8178 fax : 920.729.8164