Gary Newhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 14:22:37 -0500

> I'm using Mercury to service my lists.  It seems to function okay, but...
>
> When it sends out a message to subscribers, it adds an Errors_to: line in
> the header.

how was errors to configured when you set up the list???? should send to
*your* email address..

>It's not working very well.  My subscribers get error
> messages back in droves and I don't get them.  On the other hand, when I
> send messages to lists much larger than any of mine (like this one) I
> don't get back errors (e.g., unknown user).
>
> Do any of you running lists with other software have this problem?  The
> author swears Mercury is compliant with Internet standards and I believe
> him, but I still feel other list software doesn't have this problem.

any problems that we have experienced have been primarily due to human
(my) errors in entering members to the lists ( i frequently close their
addresses with a dot.  no error upon the add command, but it later finds
that it cannot mail to that person, or she is not subscribed 'cuz of that
darn dot is not really part of their address, jsut my flying fingers)

> Also, is anyone else having a problem with ix.netcom.com?  It's bouncing
> messages right and left here?

I have one user who has two addresses, one at ix... I assumed that his
errror message was due to the fact that he was subscribed at the other
address.

--
Gary Newhouse                   email, [log in to unmask]
Director of Library & TV        phone (708) 635-1640