Glenn Darwin <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:33:56 -0400
I'll add to this with the following....

When the person I was talking to, named Donald in case anyone else gets him,
starts out looking at the headers and notices that the message originated from a
pop3 account BEFORE it hits the NCM listerv, I almost went ballistic.....  Had
to really hold my temper on that one.  I calmly asked him how would I control
who was logged on to their ISP when they sent the message....  That is the one
that really got me.

He continued to question the backwards IP address in my ISP's domain name for
our T1 line.  Duh....

Then he continued to search their AOL logs to find more problems...

He had me on the line for over an hour before he decided he needed more help.

Ben mentioned my 2 PTR records.  My first run in with AOL is when I set up my
Exchange server at mail.corvettemuseum.com.  I did not provide reverse DNS and
AOL bit bucketed every thing from the Corvette Museum.  I fixed that one and
resolved that problem.  The second entry is for listserv.corvettemuseum.com.
Now I'm battling AOL over this entry.

Lets see what shakes out...

Glenn
Team NCM http://www.corvettemuseum.com