Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 May 2017 23:11:28 +1000
> Thanks for the answers. I will check, and see if I can change it.

Actually, if you want the Reply-To address to *always* point to the list
you should have this:

See here for details
<http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/listkeyw.html#kReplyTo>.

>> A lot of Lsoft documentation does suggest this relies upon the mail
>> client doing what it *should* do.
>
> I'm using the same mail client to post to various lists. So I assume, it
> is only a matter of list configuration.

It's not what email client YOU use that matters, it's the email client
used by the person REPLYING that counts.  LISTSERV will dutifully
populate the Reply-To: header with whatever address you give it, but the
recipient's email client may cheerfully ignore that and choose to send
the reply wherever it pleases.  Most modern email clients will honour
bell curve and end up being sent back to the original poster anyway.

--
  Michael Shannon